Forums > Game Forums > Ufouria: The Saga > Should Hebereke be on a seperate page?

Simoneer (29) on 10/8/2010 2:48 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Indeed, it's pretty much the same game. But the Japanese game has different characters, and I think it should therefore be on a seperate page. It's like the deal with Super Mario Bros. 2 and Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic.

Alaka (107782) on 10/8/2010 3:25 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

There's been discussions about these type of situations before but I don't think anything conclusive has come from them. One way to fix this is to add to the description of the entry and the other way is to create two separate entries. Hence, this indecisiveness has led to why a game like Taz and Asterix exists as a single entry while same games like Pac-in-Time and Fury of the Furries exists as separate entries. I personally think in situations like these the games should have separate entries as storylines are usually different and screenshots with the different characters sprites are definitely nice to have.

As for Super Mario Bros. 2 and Doki Doki Panic, I think there differences are a bit more involved than just having a different story/ character sprites. For example, if I'm remembering correctly the controls are somewhat different in both games. (running vs. no running, etc...)

vedder (71300) on 10/8/2010 3:30 PM · Permalink · Report

I believe the current "policy" is that if it's just character sprite/model and name differences the games remain merged, but if actual story differences occur the game receives a new entry.

Alaka (107782) on 10/8/2010 3:40 PM · Permalink · Report

So if that's the case, Taz and Asterix should have separate entries then, correct? I don't mind submitting a quick split for this one, as long as it's not just going to end up being a waste of time.

By the way, if that is the policy, it still interferes with groups. Character license A is in character license B's game group. I'm still not in favor of things like this happening.

vedder (71300) on 10/8/2010 5:05 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start ALAKA wrote--]So if that's the case, Taz and Asterix should have separate entries then, correct?[/Q --end ALAKA wrote--]

How's that? The game(s) don't have a story. In both games the main protagonist collect food items, that's all there is as far as I am aware.

P.S.: At this moment I personally don't really have a preference either way.

Alaka (107782) on 10/8/2010 7:51 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start vedder wrote--] [Q2 --start ALAKA wrote--]So if that's the case, Taz and Asterix should have separate entries then, correct? [/Q2 --end ALAKA wrote--]

How's that? The game(s) don't have a story. In both games the main protagonist collect food items, that's all there is as far as I am aware.

P.S.: At this moment I personally don't really have a preference either way. [/Q --end vedder wrote--]

Well, the back of their boxes seem to disagree with your assumption. :D

It's not so much about preference here that's bothering me, it's not knowing exactly what the official policy is at the moment. If there's no overall agreement as to handle this type of situation we get stuck at impasse where each of us approves the way we personally feel it should be. But, if you are correct with the way you say the policy is, then Taz and Asterix will have to be split as that seems to fit the policy. So that also means if Hebreke's overall story is different from Ufouria's story it should be split too.

Patrick Bregger (305122) on 10/8/2010 7:55 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

The problem is that with a policy like this we'd need to make separate entries for several German censored game versions, e.g. Soldier of Fortune 2 (one of the worst offenders, parallel universe with cyborgs - wtf?) and probably even the early Command & Conquer games.

Grandy02 (673) on 11/1/2010 2:12 PM · Permalink · Report

I think there were quite a few games in the 8-bit days with story and character changes. Sunsoft's Blaster Master and Blaster Master: Enemy Below, for example, known in Japan under the Metafight name (thus they are not even part of the Blaster Master continuity story-wise).

Simoneer (29) on 10/8/2010 4:42 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Hm... Well, Hebereke is a part of a series of games while Ufouria is not. I think this alone should warrant a seperate entry as to not confuse the two. Not that other Hebereke entries are on MobyGames, but that's another issue. (reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebereke_%28series%29)