Forums > Off Topic > About this approver

486pc (14619) on 10/22/2013 12:08 AM · Permalink · Report

I've remained the following message when I contribute any cover shot from my package.

"Attention to erav! do Not approve this, erav!. I don't want to be approved my contribution by erav. I dislike erav approver! "

But erav ignored my message.

I've written message to administrator not to approve my contribution by erav.

How about approver of erav?

erav seems to steal any cover art.

Karsa Orlong (151775) on 10/22/2013 9:05 AM · Permalink · Report

Oh my dear, You are so hilarious. I really enjoy conversations with You. You make my face smile everyday. But the answer is still no - I won't make any copies of my games for You. Sorry. No matter how much you will ask or threaten nothing will change. The reason is still the same - You haven't stopped insult and offend other members of the community. Grow up and get back to me, maybe then I will consider your request.

Fred VT (25942) on 10/22/2013 12:07 PM · Permalink · Report

erav always approved submissions according to MobyGames standards, and have had respectful comments, so I don't see what the problem is. If there is a specific issue, then...

Karsa Orlong (151775) on 10/22/2013 12:28 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Fred there is no point to chat with him. Most of the former (?) approvers just ignore him/escalate his contributions, due there is no way to reason with him. He was banned from several big preservation sites for insulting and accusing other members. Later he told the admins to remove his contributions. If they would not have done this - legal action will be emerged....anyway his angry on me cos I'm refusing to make a copy of F-19 Stealth Fighter (and dozen other US based games) for him and once I used his cover by mistake, for which I apologized seamlessly years ago.

This way or another he is a childish wee boy, and this contribution is just one of many examples of it:

http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/original/1382401756-00.jpg

mirror https://cdn.mobygames.com/user/17133285-image.jpg

Apart from the fact of liking or disliking him I always follow MobyGames standards. Dealing with him makes me a lot of smile, although I know this is uncomfortable situation for both of us.

MZ per X (3017) on 10/22/2013 12:37 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start erav wrote--]This way or another he is a childish wee boy, and this contribution is just one of many examples of it:
http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/original/1382401756-00.jpg[/Q --end erav wrote--] ROFL! Did you approve that? :-D

Karsa Orlong (151775) on 10/22/2013 1:26 PM · Permalink · Report

No, escalated this for second opinion - this may be different label entry :D

486pc (14619) on 10/23/2013 8:01 PM · Permalink · Report

I thin you erav seems to be childest.

I've sent message not to approve (touch) my contribution ago.

Attention to erav! do Not approve this, erav!. I don't want to be approved my contribution by erav. I dislike erav approver! This is warning to erav! "Do Not touch my contribution again!"

Do you remember about "Space Max" cover art? You' had stealed my package shot and contributed ago.

I reported to Sciere and solved this problem.

If you really have "Space Max" package and contributed it with , I would

I have more original package. But erav always steal and contribute any package from other users.

486pc (14619) on 10/23/2013 8:02 PM · Permalink · Report

You're stealed my package one more time. :"Solitaire Journey"

Karsa Orlong (151775) on 10/23/2013 9:28 PM · Permalink · Report

Does not look like me, but who knows, You know better. I like Your new nick name, this similarity will now allow me to merge our accounts and finally take Your precious identity. I'm thrilled.

486pc (14619) on 10/23/2013 9:42 PM · Permalink · Report

erav is not genuine cover art contributer. He stoles many of cover art from original user.

Fred VT (25942) on 10/23/2013 10:35 PM · Permalink · Report

If you resubmit your scan without the profanity, someone would probably replace the one on file.

486pc (14619) on 10/30/2013 8:26 PM · Permalink · Report

At leaset, erav seems to be strange Approver.

486pc (14619) on 10/30/2013 8:28 PM · Permalink · Report

erav always steal my package shot to earn his point. He seems not to be true Approver;

Karsa Orlong (151775) on 10/30/2013 10:08 PM · Permalink · Report

Yes, he is just Your imagination, strange voice in the head. We all understand You boy.
Although it's for adults only , here You go fs5500, with a special dedication from Your Korean fellow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3ob3LaslGs

486pc (14619) on 10/30/2013 10:10 PM · Permalink · Report

Attention to erav! do Not approve this, erav!. I don't want to be approved my contribution by erav. I dislike erav approver! This is warning to erav! "Do Not touch my contribution again!" I'll not change my nick If erav always touch (handle) my contribution. I want to be approved or rejected my contribution from other Approver (except erav) Fuck you erav! erav sucks!

erav always steals any user's scan to earn his point!

486pc (14619) on 10/30/2013 10:11 PM · Permalink · Report

fs5500? Are you crazy guy?

Rik Hideto (473347) on 10/31/2013 6:16 PM · Permalink · Report

I don't know why I'm reading this lame and childish thread lol, but anyway... Just wanted to say that I've LOADS (I really mean it) of covers to upload. Famicom, Super Famicom, Game Boy Advance, Sharp X68000, and other systems. Right now I still have 126 cover art images pending, and many of them were uploaded six months ago or so.

If no one accepts the covers in the next two weeks, I will start deleting all my pending contributions.

I don't know, I just dislike seeing stuff pending for ages. And I also dislike seeing a game entry without the cover art image, that's why I've been contributing, but it seems that the approvers are not "respecting" the humble contributors, I guess.

If you guys are so busy, then don't be an "approver".

About this "points thing", some of you guys are really obsessed huh, dammit, if YOU want I can send you all the freaking covers, and you upload by yourself(ves).

I'll be more than HAPPY to help someone increasing his/her MobyGames points.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66801) on 10/31/2013 6:53 PM · Permalink · Report

The reason for the delay is that all of the volunteer approvers have resigned since GameFly broke the site's layout and functionality.

Karsa Orlong (151775) on 10/31/2013 8:35 PM · Permalink · Report

I quess there are no approvers for these platforms at the moment (not sure, as redesign hide this info), but I can ask for access for some I'm familiar with, as all my 5 platforms are almost done.

Cheerio

Fred VT (25942) on 10/31/2013 11:04 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start hydao wrote--]I don't know why I'm reading this lame and childish thread lol, but anyway... Just wanted to say that I've LOADS (I really mean it) of covers to upload. Famicom, Super Famicom, Game Boy Advance, Sharp X68000, and other systems. Right now I still have 126 cover art images pending, and many of them were uploaded six months ago or so.

If no one accepts the covers in the next two weeks, I will start deleting all my pending contributions.

I don't know, I just dislike seeing stuff pending for ages. And I also dislike seeing a game entry without the cover art image, that's why I've been contributing, but it seems that the approvers are not "respecting" the humble contributors, I guess.

If you guys are so busy, then don't be an "approver".

About this "points thing", some of you guys are really obsessed huh, dammit, if YOU want I can send you all the freaking covers, and you upload by yourself(ves).

I'll be more than HAPPY to help someone increasing his/her MobyGames points. [/Q --end hydao wrote--]

The delay in approval was the main reason I originally became an approver. Now I resigned because of the current situation... Anyway, I just cleared ALL the covers in my queues, in which only one was yours.

Rik Hideto (473347) on 11/1/2013 8:32 AM · Permalink · Report

Oh I see... well... I should resign as well. No more nice covers for MobyGames. :P

The delay here on MobyGames always sucked. I guess some (I said SOME) of the approvers are more concerned about their freaking points.

"Hey dude, what's your LIFE purpose?" ---- Answer: "My life purpose is to be one of the top contributors, YAY!!" (nothing bad about it though) :P

Anyway, if anyone is looking for a particular cover, feel free to ask me, I might help.

Cheers everyone (including the person who created this new horrible design).

Karsa Orlong (151775) on 11/1/2013 3:58 PM · Permalink · Report

Truthfully, this has been always a problem here on Moby, and this was the main reason I and Fred join the approval team. And when we were close to clean up most of the queues Redesign happened and the most of (about 20) the approvers left the site. As for today there is only me and two other "casual" (one time a week or so) approvers (plus one admin dealing with corrections mostly). The three of us have only access to a few selected platforms (6 on my side + eventually 3 just requested), so there might be several (dozens?) platforms without Approver. Can't tell for sure, only admin knows that, but as the PM's are broken, we can't ask him about this. Anyway our platforms are close to be clean, but if some of the old approvers won't be back or some new faces won't join an approval team, he queues will remain untouched.

[Q --start hydao wrote--]Oh I see... well... I should resign as well. No more nice covers for MobyGames. :P

The delay here on MobyGames always sucked. I guess some (I said SOME) of the approvers are more concerned about their freaking points.

"Hey dude, what's your LIFE purpose?" ---- Answer: "My life purpose is to be one of the top contributors, YAY!!" (nothing bad about it though) :P

Anyway, if anyone is looking for a particular cover, feel free to ask me, I might help.

Cheers everyone (including the person who created this new horrible design). [/Q --end hydao wrote--]

MrFlibble (18377) on 11/27/2013 10:32 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Karsa Orlong wrote--]The three of us have only access to a few selected platforms (6 on my side + eventually 3 just requested), so there might be several (dozens?) platforms without Approver. Can't tell for sure, only admin knows that, but as the PM's are broken, we can't ask him about this.[/Q --end Karsa Orlong wrote--] This alone tells a lot about the scale of devastation that the redesign caused. And it makes me sad.

platoon 0 on 12/26/2013 10:15 PM · Permalink · Report

He must be left from mobygames due to steeling action by erav (Karsa Orlong). I don't think erav is neccessary for Mobygames.

Starbuck the Third (22601) on 12/26/2013 11:11 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start platoon 0 wrote--] I don't think erav is neccessary for Mobygames. [/Q --end platoon 0 wrote--]

Same could be said for you. Infinitely more so.

PC Booter (571) on 12/28/2013 7:54 PM · Permalink · Report

486pc requested to Sciere not to approve his contribution by erav (Karsa Orlong) ago.

He must be very supprised when Karsa Orlong became as Mobygames' approver.

He said Karsa Orlong sent message not to touch (approve) his contribution any more if they are good or bad one.

He didn't mention about rename his nickname.

But I think Karsa Orlong didn't keep promiss not to approve his contribution. This must be the reason he renamed his nickname against to erav.

Anyway, he'll never come back to Mobygames because he said he changed email address and password not to remember.

Cavalary (11608) on 12/28/2013 12:12 AM · Permalink · Report

Hijacking the thread a bit to remind people that there's a certain other approver with one hell of a rod up his ass. On top of who knows how many rejections during the redesign (3 direct, so could see those and resubmit now, being approved quickly; the rest WIPs, so auto-rejected after a few days and never saw them, just spotted the last few still showing up under status), now restart submitting ranks again, 4 other approvers, no problem (save for one where I made a mistake, sure), and the first time I see that dude's name again it's of course because he sent yet another back. Same reason as last time of course.

shrug There it goes right back as it is. Same next steps as last time if his are the same as well.

Sciere (932689) on 12/28/2013 12:19 AM · Permalink · Report

I thought this was resolved by now ... tell me which one (ranking/game) was sent back and I'll take a look.

Cavalary (11608) on 12/28/2013 1:04 AM · Permalink · Report

Medal of Honor: European Assault for GameCube on gamesxtreme. Just removed that "Well I have to say." and... Sure, another option would have been to just remove the period, because as a full sentence in itself at the start of the abstract it makes no sense, but with or without it made no difference so just copied starting after it. (Still don't know how a review site with such poor writing lasted so long. Granted, was far worse in the earlier years... Uh well, ended up there because the person announcing AVault's closure on Fb linked to it, so thought I'd add the stuff.)

As for it being resolved, the rejections during the redesign say otherwise. And between lifting my ban and the redesign hitting there wasn't exactly time to bump into the issue again, queues moving at the regular pace of the time, so...

Sciere (932689) on 12/28/2013 1:25 AM · Permalink · Report

For the sake of consistency and objectivity, just use the paragraph in full every time. It's the review's site responsibility in the end and these arguments over edits are pointless, because they are going to vary for every single submission. If not, this is just going to go on forever.

Cavalary (11608) on 12/28/2013 1:39 AM · Permalink · Report

Of course it is.

And no.

Indra was here (20747) on 12/28/2013 8:03 AM · Permalink · Report

I have issues with all the approvers. I do hope the feeling is mutual. :p

Nah. Not mentioning console gamers, unlikely this will turn into a flame war.

idea

Die console approvers!

Cavalary (11608) on 12/28/2013 9:27 AM · Permalink · Report

I just have serious ones with this one, and of course it should be mutual, would be weird if only I get pissed the moment I see his name, right? :p Briefly, something similar happened with Cantillon, but after sending a few back for the same reason we took it back and forth for quite a while, a Fable III X360 review where this happened is still escalated since 2012, and after he (or somebody told me at some point Cantillon was a she? can't remember) said the standards are rather vague and will ask on the forums, it stopped happening. Granted, only saw that name in approvals a few times since, so may be just a decision to skip my submissions and let someone else deal with it, if it's not an extended general break from approving (at least for ranks for the platforms I happen to submit).

With this guy, however, ongoing for just about a year now, albeit with the forced breaks on my part due to ban and redesign, plus one on his in spring after I first talked to others about the issue. Didn't last though. So, of course, not expecting the dude to give in and start approving them as they are (even though everyone else is), but do hope nobody's expecting me to give in and start submitting them as he wants them either. So we'll either go through the motions a second time till I'll get banned again (which will be the 3rd time I'll say I won't be able to submit stuff on here again in quick succession, so imagine I will point 2 middle fingers in MG's general direction for good and move on to do something else with my time) OR he could just skip my rank submissions (is it possible to filter out an user in the approval UI?) and let others get to them when/if they do shrug

Indra was here (20747) on 12/28/2013 9:32 AM · Permalink · Report

Always reckoned it was a cultural thing, plus we're basically all nerds here with ego issues and not enough hugs growing up. Then there's me always identifying Caucasians with being obnoxious, but that's a whole other story.

build momentum precursor to flamewar, check

Fred VT (25942) on 12/28/2013 6:44 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra is awakening... wrote--]Always reckoned it was a cultural thing, plus we're basically all nerds here with ego issues and not enough hugs growing up. Then there's me always identifying Caucasians with being obnoxious, but that's a whole other story.

build momentum precursor to flamewar, check [/Q --end Indra is awakening... wrote--]

So, you're flaming Caucasians and Console approvers in the same thread? How bored are you today :P

Caucasian and Console approvers both start with a C, I think you have something against whatever starts with a C. Watch out, Caucasian Canadian Console approver!

Indra was here (20747) on 12/28/2013 7:03 PM · Permalink · Report

You don't count, Fred. You've failed the standard stereotypes of Caucasians and Canadians. :p

SGruber (3811) on 12/28/2013 9:41 AM · Permalink · Report

You can get banned on Moby? I did not know that. I guess I should the stop sending dick pics with my screenshot submissions.

I think a simple peer review of approvers should be enough to weed out any bad crops. (If there are, never had an issue back in the day). Can't you ask for a second opinion if a contribution gets denied? If an approver gets several of those from -different- users a closes look should be taken by other approvers. OTOH, a contributer known for shoddy work can be put on probation.

Cavalary (11608) on 12/28/2013 10:14 AM · Permalink · Report

Well, you can ask an admin to have a look or resubmit and maybe give the link to another approver, but not directly, resubmit and somehow check a box to say you want a different approver to see it (though that'd be a nice option in these cases). So far every single one jaXen WIPed or rejected which I resubmitted unchanged was approved just fine if anyone else got to it first... Which led him back before I got banned to check my submissions very quickly, was having stuff in queue for half a year but resubmissions were rejected by him in hours, and in some cases also submit the rank in question himself with the abstract as he wanted it immediately after rejecting mine, so a resubmission will just be a duplicate. Which of course led to my, er, acts of civil disobedience.