Forums > Game Talk > Deus Ex for teh (ridiculously) cheaps!!

Slug Camargo (583) on 4/21/2010 5:17 AM · Permalink · Report

I take it everyone and their dog know it by now, but Steam is carrying both Deus Ex GOTY Edition and Deus Ex: Invisible War for 2.50 US dollars each. TWO POINT FIVE US DOLLARS, MAN!!! THAT'S JUST BARELY ABOVE ZERO!! So, if there was a moment to keep up with the program, this is undoubtedly it. Hell, even the despicable IW looks enticing at that price.

Anyway, go grab your almost-free Deus Ex already and let's all start getting all hyped up for the upcoming prequel!

And if you don't have money, just yell and I'll gift it to you! If I still have money in my PayPal account, that is!

Unicorn Lynx (181681) on 4/21/2010 5:24 AM · Permalink · Report

LOL, I like your enthusiasm :)

But is "Invisible War" really worth it? I haven't heard anything good about this game...

Patrick Bregger (305122) on 4/21/2010 6:24 AM · Permalink · Report

Invisible War gets fun as soon as you stop expecting a worthy successor to Deus Ex. It makes so many things wrong that the original made right (e.g. universal ammo, stupid UI or tiny areas). And it even manages to have a smaller feeling of freedom to it even if it has technically more freedom than Deus Ex.

Playing with augs, searching different solutions for problems and exploring the levels is still very fun and even if the story and dialogue can't compete with the original it is still OK. I think the game is worth playing and good in its own merit.

Slug Camargo (583) on 4/22/2010 5:31 AM · Permalink · Report

That's a pretty good description of it, actually.

I loathed the game's f'ing guts because I felt it was so damn inferior to the first one, of which I was a gigantic fanboi; but to be honest, I might have probably felt similarly about BioShock if I had been a fan of System Shock 2 back in its day.

Still, BioShock at least has the beautiful setting and the awesome story and whatnot, whereas IW is a watered down sequel through and through. On the other hand I gotta admit IW's gameplay is noticeably more complex and close to its parent game than that of BioShock.

Foxhack (32096) on 4/21/2010 4:20 PM · Permalink · Report

I would, but I'm tapped out after buying Beat Hazard, Alien Vs Predator 2000 Classic and Zombie Driver. :P

Luis Silva (13443) on 4/25/2010 4:36 PM · Permalink · Report

We've been selling the covermount of both games for €1 for quite some time. The first Deus Ex (even if graphically quite dated these days) is worth that, more, and then some more.