Forums > News > 2000 Amiga Games Documented

Martin Smith (81734) on 12/31/2006 6:54 PM · Permalink · Report

As 2007 begins MobyGames can celebrate a milestone. We now have details for 2000 games for the Commodore Amiga series of computers. The system was the birthplace of Lemmings, Sensible Soccer and Worms amongst others, but also resulted in many obscure titles - Bob's Bad Day, Bank Buster, recent addition Ork and ports of PC games such as Quake for example. Indeed, Amiga games are still being made today. Thanks to everybody who has contributed these, and keep going - many games still require covers, credits and screenshots, and there are many undocumented games for the Amiga and other vintage systems.

Игги Друге (46653) on 12/31/2006 10:46 PM · Permalink · Report

Blimey, I was going to write that article!

DudeOfMonson (97) on 1/1/2007 3:34 PM · Permalink · Report

I was curious about how is one to go about getting screenshots for vintage systems for light gun games? You cant really play emulators for them, well you most likely can see the intro but you cant start with out shooting the screen. Would taking good pictures of a T.V. screen be acceptable?..........I dont know.

Riamus (8480) on 1/1/2007 6:36 PM · Permalink · Report

Depending on the system and the emulator, you can sometimes configure the emulator to use the mouse as the gun.

Trixter (8952) on 1/3/2007 4:30 AM · Permalink · Report

You can hook an Amiga up to an RGB monitor and a composite output at the same time, and capture the composite output. But that requires a capture card, which is not standard issue on most machines.

Mr Giggles (3966) on 1/2/2007 1:10 AM · Permalink · Report

I spent most of my time downloading missing covers and game titles for the Amiga in 2006 and intend on returning to providing credits and screen shots shortly. You would not believe number of Amiga titles that I have accumulated over the years.

Игги Друге (46653) on 1/2/2007 3:35 AM · Permalink · Report

You can believe that we are grateful for the astounding amount of quality scans of rare American editions that you've contributed so far.

Martin Smith (81734) on 1/2/2007 3:19 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Screenshots and credits would be great as well. How big is your collection of boxed Amiga games, have you got many more which aren't documented?

Mr Giggles (3966) on 1/3/2007 12:06 AM · Permalink · Report

I have currently catalogued 205 boxed and ther may be about 20 more packed away somewhere. At one time I was trying to conserve space by folding up those boxes that could be folded, but it turned out to be futile so I stopped. I just have to find that one storage box with the Amiga boxes that I did fold. Still looking.

Trixter (8952) on 1/3/2007 4:31 AM · Permalink · Report

Now is probably not the time to mention that I'm sitting on at least 50 America Amiga games, full retail packages... if only I had more time!

Martin Smith (81734) on 1/3/2007 1:55 PM · Permalink · Report

Post them to me and I can add them. I'll send them back if I remember....

Trixter (8952) on 1/3/2007 6:43 PM · Permalink · Report

I think you've got enough contribution points ;-)

Besides, it's somewhat hypocritical of me to be short of 10,000 ;) so I'll get around to adding them myself.

Mr Giggles (3966) on 1/4/2007 12:32 AM · Permalink · Report

I don't blame you. Seems like every time I make headway getting some hard earned points, the guy ahead of me does the same thing. Frustrating. I like everyone else have a full time job, and my wife thinks I am ready for the nuthouse spending all my spare time scanning a box that I purchased 20 some years ago. The Amiga was and still is a great computer and that is why I still have several of them. Wait until she sees me loading up games she thought I had outgrown. But we have to get screenshots and credits somehow.

Martin Smith (81734) on 1/4/2007 7:07 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

This was aimed at Trixter, but it applies to Terry and anyone else with covers of vintage undocumented games:

If you're short of time, I can add the games themselves ready for you to add cover scans.

Mr Giggles (3966) on 1/4/2007 12:39 AM · Permalink · Report

Why isn't there an Amiga CDTV section? I have a few of those, a couple of them are games.

Trixter (8952) on 1/4/2007 1:35 AM · Permalink · Report

Wow, that was obscure -- I had forgotten about CDTV. I'll see about getting it added.