🐳 6,479 items were approved and added to the database in the past week!

Forums > News > Moby v2024.08.09

MobyReed (388) on 8/9/2024 6:17 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

MobyPro

• Added lightbox functionality to MobyPro covers and promo images feature
  • Added yearly subscription option
  • Bug fixes related to subscription handling

General Updates

• Added unsaved progress feature to credits tool to indicate when there are unsaved changes and gives a warning if you try to exit without saving
  • Added videos section to Standards
  • Added callouts for missing biographies and missing company overviews
  • Added a better error message for missing approval type
  • Added max length to search field
  • Added backend support for multiple subscription types
  • Fixed a bug with GOG SKUs
  • Fixed game relations approval link
  • Fixed duplicated iTunes prices
  • Always generate absolute URLs for avatars
  • Misc. other fixes, tweaks and polish

Cantillon (83652) on 8/9/2024 6:48 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

There is a typo in the callout for person bios. It says company.

MobyReed (388) on 8/9/2024 8:21 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Thanks, fixed!

aquapendulum (1642) on 8/11/2024 8:33 AM · edited · Reply · Permalink · Report

One of my video contributions was rejected for its playback being disabled on non-YouTube websites. The standards should clearly state this rule too.

About video additives: Do the standards further prioritize between types of "additives"? Types of additives that can be found are:

• Watermarks.
  • Pre-rolling or post-rolling channel logo.
  • Background images that fill in place of black bars. This is when the original video content has been converted to a different aspect ratio, but doesn't stretch to fill, but rather to fit.
  • Hard-encoded translation subtitles.

If 4 videos each has one of these additives but not the others, are they further prioritized or treated the same?

Lampbane (24592) on 8/14/2024 10:17 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

So, as the person who rejected it I can say it's not a rule so much as a discretionary act based on the fact that we have limited space on the video pages as they're currently set up, and a video that sends users away from Moby isn't terribly useful to them. If it was a red band trailer or official video that would be one thing, but it's a user-generated gameplay video with embeds broken just so the channel creator can juice their channel views. I strongly believe you can find another video to replace it.

As for the additives, your first three are outright banned and I haven't come across user-generated subtitles on gameplay videos but I think I would reject that as well. Keep in mind these rules are for gameplay videos; the other two categories "trailers" and "other" aren't as stringent.

aquapendulum (1642) on 8/15/2024 7:19 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Right. The gray zone where the trailer category exists is where I'm requesting further clarifications.

Emitewiki (1100) on 8/12/2024 5:29 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

I like the new callouts on biographies and company overviews! I did notice that grammatically they're missing a dash and should say "MobyGames-approved".

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (593663) on 8/25/2024 12:37 PM · edited · Reply · Permalink · Report

Suddenly i get notifications of game identifiers being approved, but the notifications won't disappear from my list. They stay with "[new]" notifications.

Example line: (new) 8/24/2024 8:59PM: The identifier you submitted for The Mermaid of Zennor has been approved. If any items were found on that page, they have been added to MobyGames. Check your WIP submissions to see if any need further input

It's about these identifiers: Approved (edit): PlayStation Store (en-us): UP7103-PPSA20937_00-PPGMERMAIDZENNOR / Kam1Kaz3NL77 (585834) / 2024-06-30 17:13:28 Approved (edit): Xbox.com: 9NVJQ9XMSQ3Q / Kam1Kaz3NL77 (585834) / 2024-06-30 17:13:28

Added and auto-approved those June 30th, but i get a message August 24th and that message doesn't clear the status [new].

I got about 70+ of those filling the list

Kam1Kaz3NL77 (593663) on 9/8/2024 10:58 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

That error since has sorted out, but found something out. I dunno if it's a bug or a feature ( :P ):

Adding a XB/Series identifier and/or auto approving will automatically add the release info / promo covers and normal cover.

If you have a XB/SERIES platform pending, it will auto-add it in the pending list, in either WIP or pending mode.

If you add the identifier while working on your additonal platform entry it will pop up in your WIP progress and you can correct it.

If the platform is already added and approved, like the maid of zennor above, it will add WIP entries